Empress of the Skies, Heavenly Queen
Beloved Isis, my heart is keen
From darkness and fear to be released
To connect with my power in deepest peace

Bless me, that this may be so
In accordance with Heaven's plan that I grow
Beloved Queen clothe me in your authority and light
I now claim my spiritual birthright

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Path of a Christian Witch

I just finished reading this wonderful book called 'The Path of a Christian Witch' by Adelina St. Clair. She blends together beautifully Christian and Pagan beliefs and traditions. I found myself saying 'yes!' on more than one occasion and crying softly in others. She gets it!

And so begins my journey as a Christian Witch. This seemingly antagonist term brings together those things that mean the most to me spiritually - my love for Jesus and my love of nature and the Divine Feminine. And so begins my year-and-a-day on this new path. Time to clean up the old altars that have been sitting gathering dust; time to rearrange and reorganize my sanctuary; time to go through my mountains of books with new eyes; and time to make time for what's important - developing my spirituality.

And so along with the Sacred Masculine and Divine Feminine (God/Goddess) and my deities (Jesus and Mary Magdalene) and a host of Angels, Saints and Spirit Guides, I begin a new pilgrimage full of hope and wonder and excitement. And it seems I'm not alone (although I already knew that). There have been guideposts along the way. Like the old picture I found of Jesus in a thrift shop. Like the angels whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Like the picture of Mary Magdalene I found just today. Like the angel statue I found kneeling down offering me a candle to light my way.

And so with renewed vigor I put one step in front of the other . . . and I'm on my way.

Next on my Reading List - "The Expected One" by Kathleen McGowan.

Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a great book? It really gave me food for thought and made me realize that the Christianity I was raised with and the Druid path I now follow can be combined. A Pagan for many years, I'd yet to choose a goddess until I read this book. Mary Magdalene has become my goddess. The author also has a wonderful blog although I haven't seen her posting much lately. However, there is plenty of material there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mxtodis123! I found Adelina's blog the other day and it's wonderful! Full of helpful information. Too bad she's not blogging much lately . . . will keep an eye out though.

    ReplyDelete