Empress of the Skies, Heavenly Queen
Beloved Isis, my heart is keen
From darkness and fear to be released
To connect with my power in deepest peace

Bless me, that this may be so
In accordance with Heaven's plan that I grow
Beloved Queen clothe me in your authority and light
I now claim my spiritual birthright

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

The Path of a Christian Witch

I just finished reading this wonderful book called 'The Path of a Christian Witch' by Adelina St. Clair. She blends together beautifully Christian and Pagan beliefs and traditions. I found myself saying 'yes!' on more than one occasion and crying softly in others. She gets it!

And so begins my journey as a Christian Witch. This seemingly antagonist term brings together those things that mean the most to me spiritually - my love for Jesus and my love of nature and the Divine Feminine. And so begins my year-and-a-day on this new path. Time to clean up the old altars that have been sitting gathering dust; time to rearrange and reorganize my sanctuary; time to go through my mountains of books with new eyes; and time to make time for what's important - developing my spirituality.

And so along with the Sacred Masculine and Divine Feminine (God/Goddess) and my deities (Jesus and Mary Magdalene) and a host of Angels, Saints and Spirit Guides, I begin a new pilgrimage full of hope and wonder and excitement. And it seems I'm not alone (although I already knew that). There have been guideposts along the way. Like the old picture I found of Jesus in a thrift shop. Like the angels whispering sweet nothings in my ear. Like the picture of Mary Magdalene I found just today. Like the angel statue I found kneeling down offering me a candle to light my way.

And so with renewed vigor I put one step in front of the other . . . and I'm on my way.

Next on my Reading List - "The Expected One" by Kathleen McGowan.

Photobucket

7 comments:

  1. Wasn't it a great book? It really gave me food for thought and made me realize that the Christianity I was raised with and the Druid path I now follow can be combined. A Pagan for many years, I'd yet to choose a goddess until I read this book. Mary Magdalene has become my goddess. The author also has a wonderful blog although I haven't seen her posting much lately. However, there is plenty of material there.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks mxtodis123! I found Adelina's blog the other day and it's wonderful! Full of helpful information. Too bad she's not blogging much lately . . . will keep an eye out though.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Are you flipping kidding me?!
    I am an initiated Witch of nearly 30 years now. I have two Covens and teach the Craft weekly.
    My dear woman you are a Religious mess. There is NO Christianity what so ever with Witchcraft. It pre dates Christianity by several thousand s of years. The only thing in MY Religion that is taught regarding Christianity is the Inquisition.
    You my dear need to clean your broom closet. I have worked hard and long to to protect the true Old Path, and you are a freak who can not get of a fence.
    Lady Maat

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's funny to me that the person who has a problem with the consept of melting Christianity and witchcraft would get so offended that we would want to use "old ways" to worship our God the way they would worship and or even invoke theirs as is theirs was any different from ours... The only thing that makes either different is how man has perseved (sp) them and understood them... There is no right or wrong way to worship a God/ Goddess or what have you... All it takes is acceptance that one is bringing goodness and light into the world... There's more then one path to enlightenment... And most of Christianity is derived from Paganism traditions anyways... And just because there have been people who have done bad things in the name of God like the inquision and even the Salem witch triles, doesn't mean that all of Christianity is bad... Because there are good Christians just as there are bad christians like there are good witches as much as there are bad witches as with all religions... If anything that person should be embracing our ways as our ways just as they would want us to embrace her ways as her ways... It's not that hard to accept change is it lol I mean if anything before the Catholic Church organized christianity, it's said that there were tribes who held their own honors and worshipped God as the Trinity as Jesus told us to do... So how dose this offended person know that her "old ways" arnt ours as well and we are just reclaiming them as our ways as well as theirs... Live and let live I say and if it harm none, do what thou wilt right! Lol people are so touchy y'all... Love and light and Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sorry inquisition, and trials... My phone is all over the place lol... If I missed any others I apologise lol no one is perfect and I hope it doesn't take away from the integrity of my message... Thank you and blessed be...

    ReplyDelete
  6. And you know if you look at the way a Catholic Mass alter is set up is very similar to how many pagan alters are set up... I tell people all the time that one of the reasons I love being Catholic (universal) is because I feel like I can be Christian and pagan at the same time lol 😂🤣😂 cause they are so similar cause many of the Christian practices are so entertwined with pagan practices that they are pretty much the same thing to me lol so why get offended that we as christians want to do as the pagans do and pretty much be pagan ourselves... Why because many middle age Christians were ass holes and most haven't stopped being ass holes even today cause they don't even know how to truly worship their own God? 😂🤣😂 GURRL that ain't me... And that ain't my Trinity... They have perverted our Lord just as some who are Muslim have perverted Islam... Way to be judgemental the way those ass hole "christians" are and have been... We're not hurting anyone... If we want to practice witchcraft what's it to anyone else... How bout they clean out their broom closet and practice some acceptance... They say they teach 2 covens? Lol I bet they cry that they arnt accepted and are put down by people because of their religion... Way to be supportive of what others believe and wish to worship their God lol... Talk about a hypocrite lol... I hope if I have a child who decides to be a non Christian witch that they don't even have a coven member who is as unaccepting as that person who is offended is... Cause that person just makes witches look bad... Here we are as Christians trying to turn over a new leaf and accept their ways as are ways,AGAIN in many ways, and that person wants to put us down and rub our noses in the mistakes of ass hole Christains who came before us... We are not them... Just cause we believe in the same God they claimed to believe in doesn't mean that we are anything like them... Maybe that person should read the book we are promoting and then maybe they will understand why we feel we share the same love and light that they do... I don't read much but I'm going to find this book and read it as well... Mcl and blessed be

    ReplyDelete
  7. Maybe theres no christianity in their witchcraft but obviously there is in ours lol don't hate lol elevate... Lol your mind that is... Blessed be!

    ReplyDelete